- Barbara is a full-time artist based in Ottawa, Ontario who paints the people and places she sees all around her. Her paintings are in individual and corporate collections in Canada and internationally. Barbara’s work is represented by the Ottawa Art Gallery‘s commercial gallery, Galerie Annexe , located at 50 Mackenzie King Bridge, next door to the Rideau Centre in downtown Ottawa.
- Barbara will have a booth at Wall Candy: Sweetly Affordable Art. It’s a one-day, affordable art expo that will take place at the Horticultural Building, Lansdowne Park on Thursday, November 8th from 3 to 11 p.m. Free admission. It will be a great place to see and acquire affordable artwork from Ottawa’s most talented artists. All works at the show will be priced under $999.
- In 2018 Barbara exhibited in a number of juried shows: the Federation of Canadian Artists‘ LIMITLESS 2018 exhibition (1 August to 31 October); the SELECTIONS 2018 show of the Arts Network Ottawa at the Trinity Art Gallery in the Shenkman Arts Centre (20 September to 16 October) and her solo exhibition entitled “Market Life” at the Galerie Old Chelsea in Chelsea, Quebec (22 June to 11 July).
- Barbara has also exhibited in the following shows: the SELECTIONS 2017 show of the AOE Arts Council at the Trinity Art Gallery in the Shenkman Arts Centre; the 2017 Open International Online Exhibition of the Society of Canadian Artists (March 15 to June 15, 2017); the Art & Parcel holiday art sale at the Ottawa Art Gallery (November and December 2016); the Figureworks 2015 show at Saint Brigid’s Centre for the Arts in Ottawa; a group show at Petit Bill’s Bistro, located in the Wellington West neighbourhood of Ottawa (2015); Studio Tours (April/May 2016 and May 2014); and the 2007 Landmark Artists’ Exhibition in Ottawa.
- Barbara has studied drawing, painting, life-drawing and portraiture at the Ottawa School of Art and portrait painting at the Winter Academy at Big Arts in Sanibel, Florida. She first worked with acrylic paints in 2005 at a life-changing St. Lawrence College Summer School of the Arts workshop taught by the Eastern Ontarian artist, Anne Barkley, SCA and has painted exclusively in acrylics ever since. Barbara has also studied with Canadian painters Brian Atyeo, CSPWC, OSA (in 2015 and 2016) and Mike Svob, SFCA (in 2017).
- Barbara was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba. As a teenager growing up in Montreal, Quebec, Barbara thought she might be set on a future in commercial art. But, things didn’t exactly unfold that way and she ended up going to McGill Law School and on to a career as a federal government lawyer practising regulatory law in the National Capital Region. Through it all, the right brain stimulation that art provided was a necessary balance to the left brain demands of her day job. Finally, Barbara devoted herself to painting on a full-time basis in 2014.